Today Doug left for Spain to spend six weeks in Avila, Spain as part of the study abroad program at Eastern. It'll be a wonderful opportunity for him to immerse himself in the culture and language. He said his goal is to only speak Spanish except to me. He'll be staying with a host family and another guy in the program. I'm really excited for him but am going to miss him a lot. It's weird not having him here. We're going to try out the Skype thing - I hope we'll find a good routine for it with the six hour difference. He's also going to Rome for a long weekend to visit my relatives, so that will be very exciting for him. Meanwhile my life will be full of excitement! I plan on getting our apartment reorganized, perhaps a tab bit redecorated (we'll see how much motivation I have for that), working on my protocol for my thesis (fun fun stuff), and spending time with my family and friends and enjoying the great weather of late spring/early summer. When he gets back I'll be a week into full-time Flint, so I really need to enjoy this time as much as I can. Below is a slide I put together for a recent presentation I gave. To be honest I'm not that sad about going to Flint, just the commute, and the fact that it's not nearly as awesome as Spain.


No comments:
Post a Comment