Over Memorial Day weekend, two of my co-residents (Melisa and Sheh) and I went to New York City for the annual American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry meeting. The trip was pretty great. I really enjoyed the meetings and look forward to the next time I can go. And I actually like NYC much more than I thought I would. We saw quite a bit of the city over four days, going to Central Park, Chinatown, Times Square (my least favorite - too commercialized and crowded), Rockefeller Center, Staten Island (just for the free boat ride to see the Statue of Liberty), Greenwich Village/Washington Square Park, and the site of the World Trade Towers. The city was much safer than I expected and the weather was great.
An update on Doug is he is doing well and halfway done with his study abroad. We'll be sure to post pictures when he gets back. Over this past weekend he had four days off and went to Rome to visit my aunt and uncle and cousins who live there. He said they were really great to spend time with and saw a lot of the city. He's pretty ready to come home now but hopefully the next three weeks will go by fast.
In other news, Colby (Doug's youngest brother) graduated from high school this past Saturday. He'll be going to Brigham Young University in the Fall.
 |
| This dessert restaurant became especially famous after being in the romantic comedy Serendipity. |
 |
| The size of these menus are a good representation of the size of the desserts, as well as their prices. |
 |
| We walked around a lot and ate lots of hot dogs. |
 |
| M&M store in Times Square |
 |
| My poster for the AAPD conference. |
 |
| Rockefeller Center |
 |
| Look how excited Colby is to be graduating! |
 |
| Suzy, Colby, Emily, Doug (Sr.) |
 |
| Grandpa Wally and Laura |
No comments:
Post a Comment