So it's been a while since I've updated the blog. So here's an update on what we were up to in the late summer.
Doug got back from Spain at the end of June. It was really good to have him back. He had a great experience with his classes and the culture and all the stuff he got to see. The only negative part of his experience was his host. A not so nice lady. I'll spare the details on that though. He was also able to visit my Uncle Brent, Aunt Claudia, and cousins Julia and Michele in Rome. That was a great experience for him. We're excited to see them again at Christmas when they'll be coming to Michigan.
As for me, I started my year in Flint at the end of June. I can't believe it's already been three months. It's been challenging to see a lot more patients and try to improve my skill and speed, but I think I'm getting to where I want to be. The commute is not too bad as I carpool with two of my co-residents and then am on call every five weeks. I end up driving about twice a week so not too bad. I do get tired at the end of the day and need to work a little better at making sure I take care of thesis work and house work and what not at home.
Doug and I also celebrated our one year anniversary at the end of the summer on September 4th. We celebrated by heading up to Petoskey for a friend of mine's wedding. It's beautiful up there. We went to the dunes and had a great time at the wedding too. It's been a great first year and are excited for all that is to come for our second.
 |
| Walking around the docks in Petoskey |
 |
| At Julie and Travis's Wedding (before the rain) |
 |
| Our room at the Terrace Inn in Petoskey |
 |
| At the Sleeping Bear Dunes |
No comments:
Post a Comment